Nancy Bishop, CSA, is an American born, Emmy-nominated casting director working internationally with active offices in London and Prague. She is a member of the Casting Society of America, The Casting Directors Guild and the International Casting Directors Network, as well as past-president of the CSA European branch. She bridges the gap between Europe and the US, casting European actors in American productions and American actors in European productions.
She began her career as a theatre director, and was artistic director of Black Box Theatre Company in Prague, before taking up work as a freelance casting director and joining the CSA. She casts film and TV internationally. She also coaches actors, and has written two books on casting: Auditioning for Film and Television: A Post #MeToo Guide (2022, 3rd edition, Methuen Drama / Bloomsbury) and Secrets from the Casting Couch: On-Camera Strategies for Actors from a Casting Director (2009, Methuen Drama / Bloomsbury).
Recent and upcoming films and series:
- Miranda’s Victim (Casting Director) which opened the 2023 Santa Barbara International Film Festival, and starred Donald Sutherland, Abigail Breslin, Kyle MacLachlan, and Andy Garcia;
- The Machine (Casting Director) with Bert Kreischer and Mark Hamill (2023);
- Medieval (Casting Director) with Michael Caine, Ben Foster and Matthew Goode (2023);
- El Turco (Casting Director for TV series, in post-production);
- The Prizefighter: The Life of Jem Belcher (Casting Director) starring Russell Crowe and Ray Winstone (2022);
- Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (Casting Director) written by and starring Sacha Baron Cohen (2020)
Nancy has been contracted by several major US television networks and streaming platforms. Current/recent TV/streaming works include; Lucy, the Human Chimp for HBO Max (2021); The Liberator for Netflix (2020, 4 episodes); Matthew Weiner’s The Romanoffs series for Amazon (2108). She has also cast several European TV and streaming series, including Totems for Amazon (2022, 2 episodes) The Wheel of Time for Amazon (2021, 8 episodes); Zero Chill for Netflix (2021, 10 episodes)
For a complete list of Nancy’s past and future projects, please visit her IMDB page.